Gaggenau 400 series Vario 400 series gas cooktop Stainless steel Width 36" Cooking zones
- 1 three-ring wok burner (300 W - 5,500 W) 1,000 - 18,800 BTU, suitable for pots up to max. 12 5/8"
- 2 two-ring high output burners (165 W - 4000 W), suitable for pots up to max. 11".
- 2 two-ring standard burners (165 W - 2000 W), 570 - 13,600 BTU, suitable for pots up to max. 11".
- Control knobs with illuminated ring, cooking zone and output level markings.
- One-handed operation.
- Full electronic control in 12 output levels for exact power level regulation plus simmer function.
- Automatic quick ignition.
- Simmer function.
- Three-part cast iron pan support with flat, continuous pot surface.
- Brass burner rings.
- Electronic flame monitoring with automatic re-ignition.
- Residual heat indication.
- Safety shut-off.
- Depending on the type of installation (surface-mounted or flush-mounted, with or without an appliance cover), the specific location of the cut-out and the knob positions may vary.
- When using the appliance cover VA 440 or adjustment strip VA 450 additional space for cut-out depth needs to be considered.
- In a combination of Vario cooktops with at least one appliance cover, the adjustment strip VA 450 is required.
- In a combination of several Vario 400 series cooktops a connection strip VA 420 must be used. Depending on the type of installation- surface- or flush-mounted, with or without cover - the respective VA 420 connecting strip must be used.
- For flush installation the edge height
in the cut-out needs to be at least 1/2"
and for surface-mount 3/8". Ensure a
continuous cut surface of 90(degree).
- The weight capacity and stability,
especially in case of thin countertops,
must be supported using suitable
substructures. Take the appliance
weight and additional loads into
- Flush installation is possible in countertops made of stone, synthetics or solid wood. Heat resistance and watertight sealing of the edges must be observed. For other materials, please consult with your countertop manufacturer.
- The groove must be continuous and even, so that uniform placing of the appliance on the gasket is ensured. Do not use discontinuous lining.
- The joint width may vary due to size tolerances of the combinations and of the countertop cut-out.
- If installing several Vario products in individual cut-outs allow for a minimum distance of 2" between the cooktops. Control knobs to be integrated in the
base cabinet at drawer level.
Panel thickness 5/8" - 1".
- Plan for an electrical connection (the appliance is not operable without power supply).
- Air intake from above.
- No intermediate shelf required.
- The rear panel must consist of a non-flammable material. Wall trims must be resistant to heat.
- A minimum lateral clearance of at least 12" from adjacent heat-sensitive furniture or contact surfaces must be observed or thermal insulation fitted.
- Installation in a 36" wide lower cabinet is required.
- The combination with VL 414 is not recommended, since the air extraction from the centre burner cannot be guaranteed due to the distance.
- Minimum clearance between gas cooktop and ventilation hood must be 30".
- Appliance can be snapped into the worktop from above.
- Total rating 20,500 BTU (6.0 KW).
- Total Amps: 2 A.
- 120 V / 60 Hz
- Total rating: 59,700 BTU. Total Amps: 2 A
- Five multi-ring burners, up to 59,700 BTU
- Full electronic power level regulation on 12 levels
- Full electronic gas valves for precise and reproducible power regulation
- Automatic fast ignition, electronic flame monitoring with automatic re-ignition
- Simmer function for cooking on a very low output level
- The product images shown may represent the range of product, or be for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product.